SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems. 

The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.

The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.

The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.

Q & A

Home > Admission > Postgraduate > Q & A

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: Can undergraduates directly apply for doctor?

A: The undergraduates can directly apply for doctor of overseas universities while the domestic doctor can be applied only for fresh undergraduates with recommendation for exemption the examination for master's degree


Q2: Should the students enter university first and then choose supervisors or should they contact with supervisor directly?

A: Before registering for master examination, it is not required to contact supervisors and they can choose supervisors after being enrolled two-way selection while before registering for doctor examination, students should get the permission of supervisors.


Q3: Is it main campus or Shenzhen Graduate School when cooperating with Peking University and Harbin Institute of Technology?

A: We conduct joint admission with main campus of Harbin Institute of Technology and train in SUSTC; in the cooperative project with Peking University, part of students may be trained in Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School or main campus of Peking University for a short time.


Q4: Should we apply for professional master or academic master degree on Harbin Institute of Technology joint training project?

A: It is suggested to apply for academic master degree, the enrollment indicators of academic master degree cannot enroll examinees of professional master, but enrollment indicators of professional master can enroll examinees of both academic master degree and professional master in accordance with the regulations.


Q5: Is it true that students who pass the national line will have chance to be enrolled for applying for Harbin Institute of Technology joint training project?

A: Generally, retrial accepting line for applying for Harbin Institute of Technology joint training project should be consent with the reexamination standard for applying for non joint training project.


Q6: Are there any opportunities to transfer for students who applied for domestic graduates but the first choice are not Harbin Institute of Technology?

A: It can be transferred theoretically, but it also should be determined by transfers’ policies of our country and Harbin Institute of Technology or conditions of examinees’ first choice and so on; it is suggested to apply for at the first choice since there is less likely for transfer enrollment.


Q7: Is it true that it is OK to pass the English examination organized by overseas university if students don’t have English grade of IELTS, TOEFL or GRE etc.?

A: It should be strictly obey the application regulations of overseas university.


Q8: What about qualifications of supervisors for overseas jointing training project?

A: All supervisors in SUSTC can be supervisors of overseas jointing training project.


Q9: What is the property of degree granted by jointing training project of SUSTC and overseas university?

A: The degree granted by jointing training project is the standard degree of overseas university, which is the same with degree granted by overseas university to the independently enrolled students.


Q10: Where will the graduation thesis defenses be conducted for jointing training project?

A: The graduation thesis defenses should be conducted uniformly in the university granting the degree.


Q11: Does SUSTC joint training project obey the time limits of each section in the application process of overseas university?

A: All application process should strictly obey the regulations of overseas university.


Q12: Is there any chance for students who finished the overseas training project to get other scholarships in SUSTC in the following two years?

A: SUSTC will continue to provide students with scholarships.


Q13: The overseas training project need provide GPA at the undergraduate stage, so should it be calculated on the basis of SUSTC method or overseas university method?

A: It should be calculated on the basis of SUSTC method.



Contact Us






© 2015 All Rights Reserved. 粤ICP备14051456号 Address:No 1088,xueyuan Rd., Xili, Nanshan District,Shenzhen,Guangdong,China 518055 Tel:+86-755-8801 0000